With 2009 quickly coming to an end, I thought I’d take some time to reflect on what the past year has taught me. Its a mix of fitness, nutrition, life and the world around us, as we never really stop learning. As 2009 comes to a close I anxiously await the greatness 2010 shall bring!
1. I am not skinny – I am strong – don’t try to tell me otherwise.
2. I honestly, LOVE LOVE LOVE going to the gym – if I can’t go I get cranky.
3. The only way to get what you want is to go after it until you get it.
4. Spontaneity makes life more fun – especially when you can get tickets to a Yankees Playoff Game 11 rows from the dugout!
5. Natural Peanut Butter is one of the BEST food groups and an essential for dieting.
6. That Decepticons have come to earth to try and find Megatron and the Allspark, but Optimus Prime is determined to protect the Allspark and keep it away from Megatron, who’s been frozen in the Artic when he tried to come to earth. (Yes, I learned WAY too much – maybe? – about Transformers).
7.Â Watching my first Arnold online was awesome, however it’ll be EVEN COOLER to see it LIVE in March!
8. Kids say the ‘darndest’ things!
9. Walking my dog everyday, even when I REALLY don’t want too, is good exercise.
10. One of my favorite articles of clothing is sweatpants.
11. Family is the most important aspect of life.
12.Â Not everyone will understand what you are trying to do or where you are trying to go, but as long as you know your journey you will get there.
13.Â The Penguins from Madagascar are HYSTERICAL.
14.Â You can do anything you put your mind too.
15.Â The weak make excuses as to why they haven’t reached their goals, the strong get there.
16. I LOVE laughing and smiling.
17. My favorite way to spend a Saturday night is on the couch with a good movie.
18. There are some movies that you HAVE to see in the theatres, as it makes them THAT much cooler.
19. WWE Wrestling is pretty cool on TV, but when they smash a guy on a table 500 ft from you LIVE, its THAT much cooler!
20. If I could, I’d spend a lot more money on workout clothes – SO comfy and LOVE them!
21. I still don’t understand why people bring coffee as their ‘drink of choice’ to the gym while they workout.
22. The Biggest Loser is an inspiring show.
24. Too many women are scared to lift weights and therefore never reach their fitness goals.
25.Â Setting goals is the only way to reach them.
26. I still LOVE ice cream.
27. Doing a 40lb dumbbell shoulder press and having the guys in the gym stop and stare at you is a PRETTY cool feeling!
28.Â Seeing myself getting stronger and stronger each week is motivation enough to keep going back to the gym.
29. I love working out, but I love some time off.
30. I’m a good writer.
31. Writing is easy when you write about a topic you love.
32. Nobody likes someone who thinks they know everything.
33. I’m a pretty good knitter.
34. My favorite gifts to give are those that I’ve made for someone.
35. You can meet a person who will change your life forever in the most random places and when you least expect it.
36. I am my biggest obstacle in achieving my goals. Stop thinking and start DOING!
37. I was SO excited to get my blackberry but now I can’t wait to get rid of it!
38.Â Christmas really is ‘the MOST wonderful time of the year’!
39. If I don’t eat every few hours I get cranky and can’t function – have to keep the fire stoke and always keep flat stomach snacks handy!
40. I really hate SPAM (the food and the emails).
41. When playing basketball you have to ‘sit down’ in the post.
42. Fresh snow is SO fun to go sledding in, unless you’re a REALLY big kid.
43. I love reading Fitness Magazines!
44. “Success is believing in yourself, and then convincing everyone else that you’re right.” ~Kermit the Frog
45.Â I love having a cup of tea everyday – whether is green, white or black – its SO good for you!
46. Too much caffeine is not good for you.
47.Â Having a vision board with your goals only makes you more likely to reach them.
48.Â Make a change, go for a dream, reach for the stars because YOU want too not because society or someone is telling you too.
49.Â A dog can make you smile no matter how bad your day is.
50.Â 2009 was a GREAT year, but I can’t wait to see what 2010 brings!
51. There are a lot of amazing HEALTHY recipes out there – which makes eating healthy easy!
52. Summer is my FAVORITE season – sun, swimming, fun – what more could you want!?
53. Water is UNBELIEVABLY good for you – I still need to drink more.
54. I love learning a new exercise at the gym.
55. Stretching helps prevent injuries.
56. Having strong core and glute muscles are imperative to getting stronger and keeping your back healthy.
57. Having good music makes the world of the difference at the gym.
58. Having a positive attitude and outlook on life, makes life more fun.
59. People make fun of what they don’t understand.
60. If I could afford too, I would eat organic food everyday.
61. There are unfortunately a lot of miserable people out there, who will do everything and anything to make you miserable too.
62. I need to write more.
63. If you don’t have a good plan you’ll never reach your flat stomach goals.
64.Â STICKING TO a flat stomach diet is what makes it successful.
65. I LOVE the internet – there are SO many opportunities.
66. I love making a difference in someone’s life – whether its to help them lose weight, or as simple as a smile – it makes me happy.
67.Â I’m a technology geek – I love figuring out how things work.
68.Â Not eating doesn’t help you lose weight – it makes you look sick and out of shape – eat right and lift weights – its the only way to lose weight.
69. Most people that I see in the gym everyday, for months at a time, don’t look like they have ever stepped foot in a gym.
70. I have some amazing people in my life who support me and believe in me – they keep me going and believing no matter what the world will bring.
71. Don’t be afraid to speak your mind and go after what you want – what are you waiting for?
72. Watching what you eat is not just a figure of speech – its the only way to guarantee results.
73.Â I LOVE cartoon movies!
74. We are making our children fat.
75. One of the most important aspects of reaching your goals is writing stuff done.
76. You reading my site is the MOST important thing and means SO much to me.
Thank you for your comments and your time. You have helped me reach many of my goals in 2009. I promise to make 2010 even BETTER than this year – with more great content and information. Thank you!
What did you learn this year? Anything you’d like to share? Let me know! I’d LOVE to know!
- My Workout – June 20, 2009
- Dedication and Focus – Keys to Reaching Your Flat Stomach Goals
- I Had a Bad Week – I Ate All the Wrong Food
- How to Stay Away from Holiday Treats and Stick to Your Flat Stomach Diet
- Finding the Secret to Flat Abs: Interview with Barbara Mencer
Tags: Allspark, Arnold, Artic, Best Food, Biggest Loser, Couch, Darndest, Dugout, Earth, Exercise, Facebook, family, Fitness Clothes, fitness nutrition, flat stomach diet, Flat Stomach Workout, Food Groups, Greatness, Journey, kermit the frog, Kids Say The Darndest Things, lose weight, Madagascar, Megatron, Money, Natural Peanut Butter, negative people, New Fitness, Nutrition Life, Olympia, Optimus Prime, Penguins, Reaching Goals, Saturday Night, Setting Goals, Spontaneity, Success, Transformers, Twitter, water, what i learned in 2009, Workout Clothes, Wwe Wrestling, Yankees Playoff Game