I’ve been reading a lot of magazines, newspapers, and message boards – there is so much cool information out there – about EVERYTHING!Â Here is a list of the six most recent random health facts that I found and think you need to know too!
- Its been proven that physical activity can decrease your risk of cancer.Â Sitting still and not moving increasesÂ the levels of estrogen (increase the risk of breast cancer) and insulin cells (unhealthy and healthy cells) that circulate around your body to mulitply faster. Time to get moving!
- Carbs are not the answer to a satisfied stomach.Â Studies have shown that people whose carb intake was 55% of their daily calories were less satisfied and full when compared to those whose carb intake was only 43% of their total daily caloric intake. Next time your hungry, instead of grabbing a bag of potato chips, grab some healthy whole grains or veggies, to help keep your tummy happy.
- A smile a day keeps the stress away. Smiling really is the best medicine. Not only will smiling help you reduce stress by helping to change your mood, but a recent study has found that when you have a smile and a positive attitude may help you live longer.Â People who smile are better able to handle stress, and are better equiped to deal with the negative facts of life.
- Caffeine has become the most popular drug in the world.Â People who consume more than 300 milligrams of caffeine per day are increasing their risk of high blood pressure, insomnia, and stomach irritation.Â If you need to have caffeine to keep you going through the day, try to keep your intake minimal and in the morning.
- Eating smaller meals, 6-8 meals per day, controls your blood sugar levels by spreading your calorie intake throughout the day.Â Eating smaller meals keeps your metabolism working continuously throughout the day, burning fat even as you sit at your desk. (Most importantly, it keeps you feeling full, which helps you avoid the mid-afternoon binges).
-The hip bone’s connected to the…well, we’re not talking about the hip bone here. But there are two systems in your body that are very connected – your digestive system and immune system.Â What happens in your digestive system can affect whether or not you get sick. So in order to avoid getting sick this winter, make sure your diet is full of probiotics (found in low fat yogurt) and quercetin (found in broccoli and apples).Â
Tags: Being Healthy, Best Medicine, Binge, Blood Sugar Levels, Breast Cancer, Caffeine, Calorie Intake, Carbs, Daily Caloric Intake, Eating Bad Foods, eating healthy, Eating Smaller Meals, Eating Too Many Carbs, Estrogen Increase, Facts Of Life, Health Facts, High Blood Pressure, How To Get Rid Of Stress, Insomnia, Mid Afternoon, Milligrams, Physical Activity, Physical Activity Decreases Risk Of Cancer, Positive Attitude, Potato Chips, Probiotics, Random Health Facts, Risks Of Caffeine, Six Random Health Facts, Smiling To Get Rid Of Stress, Stomach Irritation, Ving, Whole Grains