I can still hear my mothers voice in my head as I sit at the dinner table trying to finish those last few mouthfuls so that I left a clean plate. This mentality of eating was fine when I was little, but now all it causes is an expanding waistline. Its time for us to quit the clean plate club and start losing weight!
But how? I know its hard – especially when your chicken penne pasta from your FAVORITE restaurant tastes absolutely delicious that you want to eat EVERY single bite or you just can’t seem to stop eating whatever is on your plate.
Its intervention time for us ‘clean our plate’ eaters because if we don’t stop – we are NEVER going to reach our flat stomach goals.
How to Quit the Clean Plate Club and Start Losing Weight
- Slow down — It takes your brain 20 minutes to receive the signal from your stomach that you are full.
- Serve Yourself Smaller Portions on a Smaller Plate — Serving a meal on a smaller plate will still give you the satisfaction of a ‘clean plate’ when you finish it all but the best part is you haven’t eaten NEARLY as much as before.
- Save Your Leftovers for Tomorrow’s Lunch — Made too much? Eyes bigger than your stomach? Save the rest of your meal for tomorrow’s lunch. Now you get to eat your favorite meal AGAIN!
- Ask for a Smaller Plate and Wrap Up the Rest — When dining out ask for a smaller plate. Put some of your meal on the smaller plate and ask them to wrap up the rest. This will not only give you lunch for tomorrow but it will make sure that you haven’t eaten too much or go back for seconds.
- Four Tips to Lose the Eating Competition vs. Your Guy
- Honesty is the Best Policy for Weight Loss
- 5 Weight Excercises to Help You Lose Weight
- Flat Stomach Diet – 22 Tips to Create a Flat Stomach Diet
- Lose Weight and Get a Flat Stomach
Tags: Bigger Than Your Stomach, Brain, Chicken Penne Pasta, Diet, Dinner Table, Favorite Restaurant, Flat Stomach, flat stomach diet, goals, how to get a flat stomach, Intervention, Leftovers, lose weight, Losing Weight, Lunch, Mentality, Mouthfuls, quit the clean plate club, quit the clean plate club and start losing weight, Satisfaction, save your leftovers, Sit, smaller portions for weight loss, smaller portions to lose weight, start losing weight, Voice In My Head, Womens Flat Stomach Diet, womens weight loss tips