Goji Berries – the newest health food trend – are they all what they are cracked up to be? Will Goji Berries really help fight my liver? improve my memory? sleep better? What are Goji Berries?
Knowing and having an understanding of any health food trend is important when determining whether or not it is something that you need to add to your daily food intake. In order to make the decision you need to know what the goji berry is and what the benefits are to your body.
What are Goji Berries?
Goji berries, also known as wolfberries, have been a part of the Chinese culture for centuries. The goji berry is a red berry grown in the Himalayan valley. Goji berries are a dark-red fruit with a sweet taste that have been known to have exceptional healing powers and is considered to be one of the world”s most nutrient-dense foods.Â For thousands of the years the Goji berry has been proven to improve various ailments and health conditions – such as liver, kidney or eye diseases.
The Chinese have hysisslot been consuming the goji berries for centuries, whether combining them with their tea, drinking goji berry juice, or eating the dried fruit itself. They believe that the dark red color of the goji berry helps to keep them young and healthy.
Health Benefits of Goji Berries
- Goji Berries Improve Immune System – Without getting too technical the presence of polysaccharides in the goji berry help to enhance the immune cells – therefore fighting off disease.
- Increase and Support Energy Levels – Goji helps to increase energy without the use of stimulants such as caffeine.
- Improve Memory – The abundance of nutrients in the goji berry helps to increase brain function – improving memory.
- Improve Liver Function – Goji contains betaine, cereboside, and pyrroles, which have been proven to help protect and support healthy liver function.
- Extend Life - The hundreds of nutrients in the goji help to protect your body”s natural defense mechanisms. The cells in your body are under constant attack by daily toxins – the goji helps your cells fight these toxins and prevent premature again of the cells.
- Fight Cancer – The polysaccharides in goji can stop and prevent the genetic mutations of cells that turn into cancer. Even if a patient has cancer, the goji berry has been proven to help the healing process when combined with a cancer medication.
- Improve Sleep Patterns – Many people who have had difficulty with sleeping have found the goji berry to improve their sleeping patterns. Scientists have attributed this to the effects of the goji berry on the pineal gland.
- Increase Weight Loss – Polysaccharides in the goji berry have been found to help people lose weight. The goji helps to increase the conversion of food into energy instead of fat – thus increasing weight loss.
As you can see the benefits of the Goji Berry are endless.
Who knew that one little berry could offer SO many benefits. So – to eat the goji berry or not to eat the goji berry? Honestly – that is something I can”t answer for you. You must keep in mind your own body and how you feel. Look at these benefits and your diet and from there you can decide if the goji berry is a necessary part of your diet.
- Flat Stomach Diet – Three Healthy and Quick Snacks for the Week
- Simple Carbohydrates vs. Complex Carbohydrates – What Do I Need in my Flat Stomach Diet?
Tags: Benefits Of Goji Berries, Berry Juice, Brain Function, Chinese Culture, Daily Food Intake, Eye Diseases, Food Trend, Goji Berries, goji berries - health benefits, goji berries and flat stomach, goji berries and weight loss, goji berries fight cancer, Goji Berry, Healing Powers, health benefits of goji berries, Healthy Liver, Himalayan Valley, Immune Cells, Improving Memory, Liver Function, Natural Defense Mechanisms, Nutrient Dense Foods, Polysaccharides, Support Energy, Tea Drinking, Wolfberries