I honestly love food shopping. My FAVORITE part of ANY food store is the produce section. I love walking into a food store and seeing all those fresh fruits and vegetables – SO yummy! Some days it takes me nearly 15 minutes just to get through the first part of the store – there are SO many tasty options!
Apples, bananas, broccoli, strawberries, blueberries – I could go on and on – but that’s not the point of this post today.
Today I just wanted to write a quick note about my NEW find in the produce section – grapefruit.
Okay – grapefruit is nothing new to the world – but when I think of grapefruit I think of cutting it into slices for the elderly while working as a server in a elderly home one summer. Not to mention I can only think of that sour face while trying to take a bite.
However – with age comes not only beauty – but wisdom – I read an article about the AMAZING health benefits of grapefruits and decided I had to try again.
Health Benefits of Grapefruits
- Full of Vitamin C- Grapefruits – like their cousin the orange – are FULL of Vitamin C. Vitamin C helps prevent colds and keeps your body kicking.
- Great source of Fiber – Eating a 1/2 of a grapefruit can will give you about 6 grams of fiber – 25% of the daily recommend amount.
- Helps to Reduce Insulin - The reduction of insulin in your body helps lead to faster weight loss. Adding grapefruit to your flat stomach diet will help you reach your flat stomach goals, by reducing the affects of insulin in your body.
- Lower Your Risk of Heart Disease – Grapefruits pretty much have no fat, while helping you lower your cholesterol levels. Keeping this in mind adding grapefruit to your diet will help
So, next time you head to your grocery store make sure to pick up this tasty fruit to give you a sweet treat while helping you reach your flat stomach goals. Just remember to get the pink + yellow grapefruits – they are going to be sweeter than their completely yellow friends!
- Flat Stomach Diet – Three Healthy and Quick Snacks for the Week
- Flat Stomach Diet – Benefits of Whole Grains
- Add Variety to Your Flat Stomach Diet – Three Veggies to Help You Lose Pounds
- Get Rid of that “Bloated Feeling” – Benefits and Healing Power of Digestive Enzymes in Your Flat Stomach Diet
- Flat Stomach Diet – 22 Tips to Create a Flat Stomach Diet
Tags: Bananas, Benefits Of Grapefruit, Benefits Of Grapefruits, Blueberries, Broccoli, C Vitamin, Cholesterol Levels, Colds, Diet Health, Elderly Home, Flat Stomach, Food Store, Fresh Fruits And Vegetables, Fruit, Fruits And Vegetables, Grapefruit, Grapefruit Diet, Great Source, Health, Health Benefits, Health Benefits Of Grapefruit, Heart Disease, Insulin, Nutrient, Nutrition, Risk Of Heart Disease, Shopping, Sour Face, Sweet Treat, Tasty Fruit, Vitamin C, Weight Loss