by Chris Taeni
Note from Melissa – Hello Ladies! This is a great article with 5 quick exercises to help you lose weight. If you are just starting out – use a light weight or no weight for these exercises. As you get stronger, or are looking for a change in your routine, you may decide to increase the weight, change the number or reps, or the tempo you do the exercises at.Â As long as you are doing some type of exercise, and eating right, you will be on your way to a flat stomach.
Using weights to lose weight is like leveraging your efforts. By lifting weights correctly (and to your full potential), you will start the process of speeding up your metabolism and greatly accelerating your weight loss.
WARNING: The following weight exercises may cause fat to burn off your body more quickly than you first expected. Use only if you are serious about getting great results.
1. Bodyweight Squats - Doing correct squats will work all of your major leg muscles, which are the largest muscles in your body. By working your lower body as well as upper body, you will triple your results. To do a squat correctly, keep your feet at shoulder width apart, shoulder blades together and looking straight forward. Lower your body down as if sitting straight down until your knees make a 90 degree angle. Then stand straight up again.
2. Leg Press – If you have access to a fitness facility in your area, e.g. a gym or health club, it’s more than likely that they have some sort of leg press machine. Keep in mind that your feet should be placed shoulder width apart and at a comfortable height on the plate. Your core muscles should be activated, your shoulders back and your hands should not rest on your legs. If you have any trouble performing this one, just ask a gym instructor/personal trainer in your gym.
3. Pushups – One of the ‘classic’ exercises which is most likely familiar to nearly everyone, doing pushups will work your chest muscles and your triceps (back of upper arm). Pushups are a perfect bodyweight exercise you can do almost anywhere. You can do pushups either from your toes or from your knees. Either way, rest your hands palm down on the floor at about shoulder width apart. Lower your body right down to the ground until almost resting and then push with your arms until your body is up again.
4. Bench Press/Chest Press – The bench and chest press are very similar exercises that compliment to work your triceps and your chest just like pushups. By leveraging your efforts with weights, however, you can achieve greater results in less time. With both of these exercises you need to make sure your core muscles are ‘on’ and your shoulders are back. Lying on a gym bench, grip the bar (or handles) at equal distance from the centre. Un-rack the bar if necessary and bring it down to your chest. Just before the bar touches your chest, push it back up without lifting your shoulders from the bench.
5. Chin Ups – Chin ups are a great strength exercise to work your biceps, your back muscles and your core. To perform a chin up correctly you need a stable bar (chin up bar in a gym). Curl your fingers underneath the bar so that you are holding it with your palms facing behind you. Pull yourself up until your chin is above the bar and lower yourself back down without sacrificing your posture (keep your shoulders back – don’t let them drop).
These 5 exercises will greatly accelerate your fat-burning results, helping you lose weight faster in all the right places. Because these exercises are compound exercises, they use multiple muscle groups making it a quicker process to workout your entire body when done correctly.
Chris is an experienced personal fitness & lifestyle trainer from Brisbane, Australia. An expert on goal-setting, internet marketing and wealth creation strategies, Chris’ major personal mission is to maintain and improve the health and well-being of as many people as possible.Â For more information on Chris and how to get sexy abs, Click Here.
Tags: Bodyweight Squats, Chest Muscles, Classic Exercises, Degree Angle, Excercises, Fitness Facility, Flat Stomach, getting toned, Gym Instructor, Health Club, Hello Ladies, Leg Muscles, Leg Press, Lifting Weights, lose weight, Personal Trainer, Shoulder Blades, Shoulder Width, Speeding Up Your Metabolism, toned muscles, Triceps, Upper Arm, Weight Exercises, Weight Loss, womens weight exercises, womens weight loss